The future is local!
Shop small on November 30th, 2019 during Small Business Saturday and all season long.
Think big. Shop small. This Saturday, November 30th, millions of Americans will celebrate Small Business Saturday, a shopping tradition for communities across the country. The annual holiday event, which is now in its 10th year, is proudly backed by American Express. “When we spend local, small businesses thrive. And when small businesses thrive, we all thrive,” said Elizabeth Rutledge, Chief Marketing Officer at American Express.
We are thrilled to share that Rowe and Robin Bruce dealers are leading the retail renaissance with exciting Small Business Saturday events, from pop-up shops to design panels and holiday parties! Today, we’ll take you inside six brick-and-mortar shops where Rowe retail partners are inspiring their communities to design homes with heart. So, why shop small this holiday season? Because it’s a small world, after all.
Small Biz and Social Media
You’ve got the power! From the local bakery to your favorite boutique, all sorts of independent shops benefit when you spread the word about local love. Supporting small business is as easy as 1-2-3 with these simple social media tips.
- Follow your favorite small businesses on social media. Bonus: You’ll be the first to know about new introductions, sales and special events!
- Engage with local retailers. A simple ‘like’ or positive comment can mean the world to a small business owner.
- Share the love with your social network! Everyone has influence. Tell your friends and family about independent brands you think they might enjoy.
Want to spread the love this Small Business Saturday? Be sure to follow @ShopSmall and @RoweFineFurniture on Instagram. Share your shopping spree by using the official hashtags: #ShopSmall and #SmallBizSaturday.
Quick Facts: Small Business Saturday Stats
The numbers don’t lie! According to the 2018 Small Business Economic Impact Study small businesses make a huge economic impact. Take a look at these shopping statistics:
- For every $1 spent at local businesses in the United States, nearly 67 cents stays in the local community.
- Nearly 60% of Americans plan to shop at small businesses this Small Business Saturday.
- U.S. small businesses are responsible for $4.8 trillion in GDP. That’s equivalent to the third largest economy in the world!
The Retail Revolution with Rowe Furniture
Ready to meet some of Rowe’s talented retailers? Here are six brick-and-mortar stars on the small business scene.
House Sprucing | Dallas, TX
“We love being able to provide QUALITY upholstery that also looks good to our clients. Not only does it look good, we have had multiple guys choose one of our swivels over a recliner! Haha! That’s saying something! Thanks, Rowe!”
– Toni Elmer, Owner
Easy, breezy transitional style with the Townsend Bench Seat Sofa. Image courtesy of House Sprucing.
“Weekender House loves working with Rowe Furniture because the fabric choices have proven to be very versatile covering a wide range of our design project looks. Robin Bruce styles in particular have proven to be perennial favorites of both our clients and designers alike.”
– Weekender House
Medina Interiors | Shreveport, LA
“We love Rowe because of the variety of styles they offer. No matter the client, there is always the perfect fabric and frame!”
– Alison McKenzie, Owner & Designer
Light-filled living room with two lovely Nolan Chairs. Image by Sarah Baker
Vero Beach, FL
“We love Rowe and Robin Bruce because of the variety of fabric selections, especially Performance Fabrics. Here in Florida our clients love performance fabrics because it fits perfectly with their indoor/outdoor active lifestyles. The wide variety of frames makes it easy for us to find a piece that will make a statement in our client’s homes.”
– Kirsten Kennedy & Tiffani Buckley, Hazel House