Modern life offers us many choices, from the way we shop to the way we interact with others, but the most valuable choice we make is choosing to nurture our relationships. At Rowe, we are proud to partner with our amazing retailers across the country, and consider each one of them to be a part of our Rowe family. Choosing to spend our dollars on local businesses pumps essential revenue back into the community, where it helps our favorite shops, restaurants and services to succeed and creates opportunities for new businesses to blossom and grow.
What can you do? Every interaction matters, whether you’re planning a full home makeover with furnishings and accessories from a local retailer, or simply enjoying a night out at a neighborhood cafe and tipping generously. Our Rowe family believes that we are stronger together, and every day we can all make choices that enrich our communities and help small businesses to thrive!
Digitally Connected, Locally Inspired
So many aspects of our lives take place online — from socializing to shopping, our devices now connect us in a multitude of ways that we never would have thought possible. Digital living is no longer just the territory of e-commerce giants and big box retailers, it is actually the ultimate tool for discovering and promoting the businesses in your community. Social media is one of the best ways to find new places to shop and explore, and review sites such as Yelp allow customers to give more than just dollars to their favorite businesses. Word of mouth is the ultimate currency, and our digital connection allows glowing reviews to spread far and wide. Signing up for an email newsletter or mailing list opens up a world of insider info for customers, from new introductions to sales and members-only discounts and events. Most businesses were inspired to think outside the box during the changes and upheavals of the last few years, coming up with innovative new ways to reach out to their customer base. Many are still offering services such as e-commerce and delivery services, or reaching customers directly with fun extras like livestreaming events, virtual classes and more. Our digital connections make us stronger than ever!
Giving Back, Paying it Forward
Local business owners know that a strong, healthy community is the backbone of their success. The sales tax generated from every transaction enables local government to reinvest in the community — making a tangible difference in the lives of their customers! Small businesses are champions of local causes and charity organizations, engaging support for school drives, first responders and outreach groups that enrich the quality of life in their neighborhoods, towns and cities. Additionally, supporting even one small business may enable a web of hundreds of other related companies (from manufacturers and suppliers to shippers) to thrive as part of their partnerships, keeping thousands of people employed. If there’s one thing we have learned in our 75 years of doing business, it is that we truly are all interconnected like a family. On behalf of the Rowe family of employees and retailers, thank you for doing your part to support local businesses nationwide!
Top Five Ways to Support Your Favorite Local Retailers
- Buy a gift certificate or voucher from businesses you love! Whether it’s a gift to your future self or a present for a loved one, it’s the perfect way to drive traffic and even create new customers for the shops and restaurants in your community.
- Consider a small local shop before turning to a megaretailer or chain. These unique destinations often offer products that would be impossible to find at large retail outlets: from small-batch items and handmade artisanal goods to eclectic vintage finds…you never know what you’ll find when you shop local, so go exploring!
- In a time crunch? Shopping online is always possible! Even small retailers these days often offer e-commerce options, and they may be happy to deliver the goods or offer easy curbside pickup. Too busy for an evening on the town? Order takeout or delivery from your favorite restaurant or neighborhood cafe and have a special “night out” while you stay home!
- Refer a friend to a business you love, give them a shoutout on social media or leave a positive review on Yelp. Boosting the signal of a small business in the community can be just as valuable as revenue.
- Send a little love – send a thank you email or even a sweet handwritten note to the businesses you love, just letting them know you appreciate all they do!